The vehicle transport service is a type of service that stands out for its versatility and convenience when it comes to moving a vehicle from one location to another. Whether you have bought or sold a vehicle, want to transport your private vehicle to your holiday destination, are moving to a new city or need to transport your broken vehicle, your best option is to hire a car transport company.
In this section we will show you what factors to consider if you need to transport your vehicle and which options are best suited to your needs.
Everything you need to know to transport your vehicle correctly
Below you will find the information we need to be able to make the transport quote correctly:
1. Collection point and vehicle drop-off point
The first step to hire a car transport service is to know where the vehicle is going to be picked up and where it is going to be transported to. Knowing exactly how far the vehicle is going to travel is essential in order to be able to price your service correctly.
2. Vehicle to be transported
The second step is to inform about the vehicle to be transported. The transport charge may be affected by the dimensions of the vehicle and the amount of space it occupies on the transporter.
3. Condition of the vehicle transported
Another important factor for the transfer of the vehicle is the condition of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged in any way that prevents it from boarding the transporter by itself, it will be necessary to indicate this as it is a very important factor to be taken into account by the organisation.
4. Date of delivery of the shipment
Thirdly, we will discuss the delivery date. Please note that if you need to transport the vehicle with a specific delivery date, we recommend that you contact our team as soon as possible. In this way, our team will be able to advise you on the options available and which ones best suit your requirements.
Our general recommendation is that you request the transport of the vehicle at least two weeks in advance.
Once you have all this information, you can send your request for a quote for the transfer of your car through our form, which you will find by clicking on this link.
Quote for the transport of your vehicle
After receiving your form, our staff will get to work on the quotation for the transfer of your car. The average response time to a request can vary between 1-3 days. You should take into account the time when you make your request, as our customer service staff is reduced during the weekend.
Once your quote is ready, you will receive it directly to your email address. We make our quotations adjusting them as much as possible to your requests and always offering the most economical prices possible.
Finally, we recommend that you review the proposal received in detail to confirm that all the information provided in the proposal is correct. Once the quote has been reviewed and accepted, you will receive instructions on the different payment methods available so that you can choose the one that best suits you.
Collection of the vehicle
Once the proposal has been accepted, the next step is to schedule the collection of the vehicle on the chosen date and set an (approximate) pick-up time. In the event of last minute unforeseen circumstances, it will be necessary for either party to notify the other by telephone.
You should know that once payment has been received, you will receive a list of actions and recommendations to be carried out so that the transport service from the moment of collection to the subsequent delivery of the vehicle is as quick and easy as possible.
Delivery of the vehicle at destination
After arriving at the place of delivery of the vehicle, it will be time to take delivery of the vehicle. Depending on the person who collects the vehicle, the steps to follow will be different:
- The vehicle is delivered to the same person who delivered it: If, after the vehicle has been transported, the person who will receive the vehicle is the same person who delivered it, it will not be necessary to send accreditation and the meeting will take place at the agreed place.
- The vehicle will be handed over to a person other than the person who handed it over: If this is your case, you must take into account several aspects. It will be necessary to accredit the person who will receive the vehicle by attaching copies of their documentation (identity card/passport). Please note that if the person who is going to receive the vehicle is not the same person who delivered it, the contracting party is obliged to inform Car Transport Europe of this fact. It will also be necessary to provide the identity document of the person who will receive the vehicle.
- The vehicle shall be handed over to a company (dealer/workshop): In this case, the vehicle will be handed over at the indicated premises to the correctly identified staff of the company.
In summary, these are the most important general points to bear in mind if you need to transport your car to another location and want to enjoy the advantages and comfort that a service like this offers.
We hope that this article will help you to know all the necessary information and make the process easier and simpler for you.
If you have any questions or queries, do not hesitate to ask them through any of the company’s customer service channels.